Moving can be one of the top stressors in life. Packing, cleaning, moving, unpacking and organizing your belongings can drain your energy and leave you feeling exhausted. After you have completed relocating, you would no doubt want to unwind and de-stress, but finding ways that do not dig deeper into your pocket can be difficult. To help you relax in budget-friendly ways, we have compiled a list of ten inexpensive ideas for you to consider.
- Take a nice, long walk: Go to the park or the beach and take a leisurely walk while enjoying the beautiful scenery can do wonders in helping you relax. You can go alone go with your family, but just make sure that you do not engage in activities that would take too much effort. Remember that your main goal is to relax and to use the time to gather your thoughts after a very hectic day (or week).
- Watch a movie: Assuming that you have unpacked your entertainment system, the next step is to enjoy it in your new home. Pull out your favourite movie and put yourself at ease right in your new home by enjoying something you love with your favourite snack. There is nothing like a good movie to get your mind off of the stress associated with moving.
- Read a book: Grab your favourite drink and find a comfortable place in your home or in your community (e.g. library, coffee shops) and get right down to finishing the book that you have been putting off during the move. If you want ideas to start a new book, visit your local library or bookstore and see the recent bestsellers.
- Receive a massage: Your muscles have done all the hard work and most likely need your special attention. The best way to loosen the tension in your muscles is to get a great massage. Ask your children or partner to give you one, or visit your local day spa to see if they have special deals for new clients.
- Hang out with your friends: Invite your friends over for a housewarming party and ask them to bring over the food so that you don’t have to prepare too much. A game night or ladies’ night is a great way to relax while in the company of your favourite people.
We hope that you will take up one of our suggestions to help you de-stress after your big move. If you have yet to relocate and your destination is within the Greater Vancouver area, please visit our local moving page for more information.